Friday, February 24, 2012

DATABASEPROPERTYEX Error but not using this function...

Hi Everyone,
I'm creating a Report in Visual Studio.Net 2005 using an MS SQL 7.0 database
as the datasource. My SQL statement isn't anything crazy, just a Left Outer
Join between two tables (see below), but when I go into Preview mode on the
report I get the following error:
An error has occurred during report processing.
Query execution failed for data set 'MyDatasource'.
'DATABASEPROPERTYEX' is not a recognized function name.
I'm not using the DATABASEPROPERTYEX function in my SQL statement... Any
suggestions?
Datasource: MS SQL 7.0
Report created on VS.Net 2003
To be published on MS SQL 2005 Reporting Server
And here is my SQL statement:
SELECT MASTER.asset_no, MASTER.b_name, MASTER.UPP, PAYHIST.post_date,
PAYHIST.effective_date, PAYHIST.amount, PAYHIST.principal,
PAYHIST.interest, PAYHIST.late_fee, PAYHIST.suspense,
PAYHIST.trans
FROM MASTER LEFT OUTER JOIN
PAYHIST ON MASTER.asset_no = PAYHIST.asset_no
ORDER BY MASTER.asset_no, PAYHIST.post_date
I used a wizard to create this report, so does VS.Net 2003 do something
wierd in the background that MS SQL 7.0 might not like? Just curious ...
Thanks --
AlexHi. Mistake in my last post, I initially said I was using Visual Studio.Net
2005, but it's actually 2003. I corrected this at the bottom of the
message, but forgot to at the top. So to correct, this is being done under
VS.Net 2003 as opposed to 2005.
Sorry 'bout that .. Alex
"Alex" <samalex@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23WjB7MR2HHA.5164@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi Everyone,
> I'm creating a Report in Visual Studio.Net 2005 using an MS SQL 7.0
> database as the datasource. My SQL statement isn't anything crazy, just a
> Left Outer Join between two tables (see below), but when I go into Preview
> mode on the report I get the following error:
> An error has occurred during report processing.
> Query execution failed for data set 'MyDatasource'.
> 'DATABASEPROPERTYEX' is not a recognized function name.
> I'm not using the DATABASEPROPERTYEX function in my SQL statement... Any
> suggestions?
> Datasource: MS SQL 7.0
> Report created on VS.Net 2003
> To be published on MS SQL 2005 Reporting Server
> And here is my SQL statement:
> SELECT MASTER.asset_no, MASTER.b_name, MASTER.UPP, PAYHIST.post_date,
> PAYHIST.effective_date, PAYHIST.amount, PAYHIST.principal,
> PAYHIST.interest, PAYHIST.late_fee, PAYHIST.suspense,
> PAYHIST.trans
> FROM MASTER LEFT OUTER JOIN
> PAYHIST ON MASTER.asset_no = PAYHIST.asset_no
> ORDER BY MASTER.asset_no, PAYHIST.post_date
> I used a wizard to create this report, so does VS.Net 2003 do something
> wierd in the background that MS SQL 7.0 might not like? Just curious ...
> Thanks --
> Alex
>
>|||Solution Found...
After searching more in Google Groups I found an older post with the fix.
Here it is for anyone who might run across this issue in the future:
You are accessing a SQL Server 7.0 or older, correct? Just install SP1 of RS
2000 on report server and report designer machines and it will work.
The workaround for RS 2000 _without_ SP1 is as follows: Go to the "Data
Options" tab of the "Dataset" dialog in report designer. On the Data Options
tab you will see that all settings contain "Auto" (and report server would
therefore try to auto-detect the collation settings from the database
server). Replace the Auto-settings with the following settings (e.g. if your
SQL 7.0 database collation is "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"):
Collation = Latin1_General
Case sensitivity = false
Kanatype sensitivity = false
Width sensitivity = false
Accent sensitivity = true
Take care -- Alex
"Alex" <samalex@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23$GDP9R2HHA.140@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi. Mistake in my last post, I initially said I was using Visual
> Studio.Net 2005, but it's actually 2003. I corrected this at the bottom
> of the message, but forgot to at the top. So to correct, this is being
> done under VS.Net 2003 as opposed to 2005.
> Sorry 'bout that .. Alex
> "Alex" <samalex@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23WjB7MR2HHA.5164@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I'm creating a Report in Visual Studio.Net 2005 using an MS SQL 7.0
>> database as the datasource. My SQL statement isn't anything crazy, just
>> a Left Outer Join between two tables (see below), but when I go into
>> Preview mode on the report I get the following error:
>> An error has occurred during report processing.
>> Query execution failed for data set 'MyDatasource'.
>> 'DATABASEPROPERTYEX' is not a recognized function name.
>> I'm not using the DATABASEPROPERTYEX function in my SQL statement... Any
>> suggestions?
>> Datasource: MS SQL 7.0
>> Report created on VS.Net 2003
>> To be published on MS SQL 2005 Reporting Server
>> And here is my SQL statement:
>> SELECT MASTER.asset_no, MASTER.b_name, MASTER.UPP, PAYHIST.post_date,
>> PAYHIST.effective_date, PAYHIST.amount, PAYHIST.principal,
>> PAYHIST.interest, PAYHIST.late_fee,
>> PAYHIST.suspense, PAYHIST.trans
>> FROM MASTER LEFT OUTER JOIN
>> PAYHIST ON MASTER.asset_no = PAYHIST.asset_no
>> ORDER BY MASTER.asset_no, PAYHIST.post_date
>> I used a wizard to create this report, so does VS.Net 2003 do something
>> wierd in the background that MS SQL 7.0 might not like? Just curious ...
>> Thanks --
>> Alex
>>
>