Friday, February 24, 2012

DATABASEPROPERTYEX is not a recognized function name?

Hi, I just made a report with the wizard when I swith to preview I got that
message and I cant see my report.
Thanks in advance
--
LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
MICROSOFT DCE 3.
MIEMBRO ACTIVO DE ALIANZADEV
http://spaces.msn.com/members/extremed/You are accessing a SQL Server 7.0 or older, correct? Just install SP1 of RS
2000 on report server and report designer machines and it will work.
The workaround for RS 2000 _without_ SP1 is as follows: Go to the "Data
Options" tab of the "Dataset" dialog in report designer. On the Data Options
tab you will see that all settings contain "Auto" (and report server would
therefore try to auto-detect the collation settings from the database
server). Replace the Auto-settings with the following settings (e.g. if your
SQL 7.0 database collation is "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS"):
Collation = Latin1_General
Case sensitivity = false
Kanatype sensitivity = false
Width sensitivity = false
Accent sensitivity = true
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Luis Esteban Valencia" <luisvalen@.haceb.com> wrote in message
news:uCrElYQGFHA.4088@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I just made a report with the wizard when I swith to preview I got
> that
> message and I cant see my report.
> Thanks in advance
> --
> LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
> MICROSOFT DCE 3.
> MIEMBRO ACTIVO DE ALIANZADEV
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/extremed/
>