Friday, February 24, 2012

Databases can only be backed up locally?

Dear all,
I have two windows 2003 servers, one is running arcserve 11.1 with sp2,
the
other is running MSSQL 2000 with SP4 with SAP application.
I have already installed the client agnet and sql agnet 11.1 sp2 to the
SQL
server.
However whenever I backup the SQL database arcserve will give me the
Error 1
326 saying that the username/password is incorrect.
I can browse thru the tree in arcserve manager and I can backup other
file o
n the sql server with no problem.
Then I tried to install the arcserve manager to the sql server and
tried to
backup the sql database with exactly the same username and password, it
work
s!
I confirm that there is no blocking for any network traffic between two
serv
er.
Would anyone help me on this to allow backup thru network from the sql
serve
r to the backup server?
Thanks a lot!
--
kevinling1
---
Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
---
View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1564670.htmlkevinling1 wrote:
> Dear all,
> Would anyone help me on this to allow backup thru network from the sql
> serve
> r to the backup server?
> Thanks a lot!
>
I can't help you with the Arcserve problem, but I'd like to suggest
STRONGLY that you not perform your database backups using an agent like
this. Do your database backups using the native SQL BACKUP command,
backing up your data to a file on disk. Use Arcserve to backup that
disk file. These agent-based database backups tend to be not the most
reliable things.