Sunday, February 26, 2012

Databases Not appearing in EM

SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
Client is using XP Service Pack 1
When the user opens the database folder in EM no databases appear. However,
I have XP Service Pack 1 and I can see all the databases. The difference i
s
I am a SysAdmin.
Has anyone seen this before. I had the client install SQL sp 4 on his
workstation.System or user-defined databases? System databases can be hidden in the
registration properties. Does the user have permissions to the user-defined
databases (i.e., a database user account)?
HTH
Jerry
"T Man" <TMan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BF678997-E93D-4FC4-8AE2-1451136068AA@.microsoft.com...
> SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
> Client is using XP Service Pack 1
> When the user opens the database folder in EM no databases appear.
> However,
> I have XP Service Pack 1 and I can see all the databases. The difference
> is
> I am a SysAdmin.
> Has anyone seen this before. I had the client install SQL sp 4 on his
> workstation.|||All databases, we did further checking if we give sysadmin privalages to the
user they can see the databases. I also found out this issue occurred
earlier and another DBA resolved the issue with a reboot of the sql server.
THis time a reboot did not work. I verified the user has access to his
default database on the server
"Jerry Spivey" wrote:

> System or user-defined databases? System databases can be hidden in the
> registration properties. Does the user have permissions to the user-defin
ed
> databases (i.e., a database user account)?
> HTH
> Jerry
> "T Man" <TMan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BF678997-E93D-4FC4-8AE2-1451136068AA@.microsoft.com...
>
>|||Have you tried deleting and re-registering the SQL Server?
"T Man" <TMan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:447CCB04-487E-43AF-93F7-F5E4DF058E1F@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> All databases, we did further checking if we give sysadmin privalages to
> the
> user they can see the databases. I also found out this issue occurred
> earlier and another DBA resolved the issue with a reboot of the sql
> server.
> THis time a reboot did not work. I verified the user has access to his
> default database on the server
> "Jerry Spivey" wrote:
>