Sunday, February 26, 2012

Databases Syncronization

Hello Sir/Madam,
I need some help from you.I am working as an RA in a real-time
project,on itegration of Emergency medical services with wireless
technolgies, which involves work on databases.
1)I have a problem now, where I need to write a desktop application
which will syncronise 2 databases.

One database(which will be on a mobile ambulance server) should
constantly check for connection with a main database which is on
another server in someother place and should constantly update as well
as pull information from that. In other words both should be in
syncronisation.
2)First of all I do not know what is a desktop apllication and how
does it differ from other applications.

3)Is there any tutorials which would teach me how to do this, how to
write a desktop application for this? I know there are some tools
which will do this for us, but we want an application to be built by
us, so that we can modify it acording to our requirement.I am jus a
begginer in databses, so I dont know about databases to this extent,
so I need your help.

Thank you, It would be of great help if you could even tell me how go
about this.
Soumyamsowmya@.uab.edu (Sowmya Mulukutla) wrote in message news:<91fbf545.0406111019.43d98df8@.posting.google.com>...
> Hello Sir/Madam,
> I need some help from you.I am working as an RA in a real-time
> project,on itegration of Emergency medical services with wireless
> technolgies, which involves work on databases.
> 1)I have a problem now, where I need to write a desktop application
> which will syncronise 2 databases.
> One database(which will be on a mobile ambulance server) should
> constantly check for connection with a main database which is on
> another server in someother place and should constantly update as well
> as pull information from that. In other words both should be in
> syncronisation.
> 2)First of all I do not know what is a desktop apllication and how
> does it differ from other applications.
> 3)Is there any tutorials which would teach me how to do this, how to
> write a desktop application for this? I know there are some tools
> which will do this for us, but we want an application to be built by
> us, so that we can modify it acording to our requirement.I am jus a
> begginer in databses, so I dont know about databases to this extent,
> so I need your help.
> Thank you, It would be of great help if you could even tell me how go
> about this.
> Soumya

Assuming that this is an academic exercise (I notice you're posting
from a .edu address), then I would suggest asking your teachers for
guidance, if they didn't already give you some sources to consult. I
guess that they want you to investigate the issues related to merging
data when update conflicts can arise - in MSSQL2000, merge replication
is one example of this process. You might want to read up on that in
Books Online to see some of the issues to be considered.

Simon