Sunday, March 25, 2012

DATASOUCE problem with SQL CLIENT from POCKET PC

I've been struggling to put together an install setup for an app on a pocket
pc. This app accesses a network SQL 2005 server.
I finally got things working - found some .CAB's that needed to be installed
on the PPC for SQL CE and SQL CLIENT.
But now I'm getting an odd error. In my SQL connection string I'm
specifying DATASOURCE=SPSERVER (which is the network server for SQL 2005 on
our domain). But instead it's connecting to a laptop SQL 2000 instance -
laptop name is FPS-LAP-SZ. I've googled for a bug like this and found no
info.
How do I guarantee the latest .CAB's for SQL CE and SQL CLIENT for my PPC
install?Hello Steve!
Correction: It's "Data Source=" or "Server=" not "DATASOURCE="
You may find the latest version of SQL Server CE from the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=85e0c3ce-3fa1-453a-8ce9-af6ca20946c3
Ekrem Ã?nsoy
"Steve Z" <SteveZ@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7508FAC3-F20E-4AB9-85AF-8E02782751D2@.microsoft.com...
> I've been struggling to put together an install setup for an app on a
> pocket
> pc. This app accesses a network SQL 2005 server.
> I finally got things working - found some .CAB's that needed to be
> installed
> on the PPC for SQL CE and SQL CLIENT.
> But now I'm getting an odd error. In my SQL connection string I'm
> specifying DATASOURCE=SPSERVER (which is the network server for SQL 2005
> on
> our domain). But instead it's connecting to a laptop SQL 2000 instance -
> laptop name is FPS-LAP-SZ. I've googled for a bug like this and found no
> info.
> How do I guarantee the latest .CAB's for SQL CE and SQL CLIENT for my PPC
> install?|||I have "DATA SOURCE=SPSERVER" - I typed it wrong in my post.
How about the latest download for SQL CLIENT for PPC?
"Ekrem Ã?nsoy" wrote:
> Hello Steve!
>
> Correction: It's "Data Source=" or "Server=" not "DATASOURCE="
> You may find the latest version of SQL Server CE from the following link:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=85e0c3ce-3fa1-453a-8ce9-af6ca20946c3
>
> --
> Ekrem Ã?nsoy
>
> "Steve Z" <SteveZ@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7508FAC3-F20E-4AB9-85AF-8E02782751D2@.microsoft.com...
> > I've been struggling to put together an install setup for an app on a
> > pocket
> > pc. This app accesses a network SQL 2005 server.
> >
> > I finally got things working - found some .CAB's that needed to be
> > installed
> > on the PPC for SQL CE and SQL CLIENT.
> >
> > But now I'm getting an odd error. In my SQL connection string I'm
> > specifying DATASOURCE=SPSERVER (which is the network server for SQL 2005
> > on
> > our domain). But instead it's connecting to a laptop SQL 2000 instance -
> > laptop name is FPS-LAP-SZ. I've googled for a bug like this and found no
> > info.
> >
> > How do I guarantee the latest .CAB's for SQL CE and SQL CLIENT for my PPC
> > install?
>