Sunday, March 25, 2012

Datasource and Catalog

Hi all,

I accidentally deleted the datasource including the root data source and catalog from reporting services running in SQL server 2005. As a result, my reports didn't work. What should I do? Thanks!

lk_spec

Create a new datasource and link the report to the new datasources. What do you mean by catalog ?

HTH, jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||

Thanks for you reply!

The data source was created dynamiclly through web services and SOAP. Before I deleted the data source, my reports worked fine. After that, however, it didn't work. I wonder if it's related to the root data source or something. Any help is appreciated!

|||The datasource is saved in the RDL as:

<rd:DataSourceID>e80dd27e-83d3-475c-b4c7-81261ee98f08</rd:DataSourceID>

with an ID, I don′t know if you can recover that. I you have the chance to reploy everything, I would go this way.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

Jen,

Where did I find the datasource id. I checked the rdl file, but there wasn't such information. I'm really new at this stuff.

|||Did you have a view on the RDL in VS or the RDL in the Report Manager, you can download the RDL in Report Manager by Opening the report > Properties > Edit Report, you will get the RDL file downloaded which contained (in my case) this GUID.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http.//www.sqlserver2005.de|||

Jen,

Thanks for your reply!

I was able to create a new data source. The problem now is, however, an error message saying that the item "/" cannot be found. The application failed when it tried to FindCatalogItems:

rsws.FindItems(folderName, BooleanOperatorEnum.Or, conditions)

Any help would be appreciated!

lk_spec

|||

If you take regular backup of database than restore the database.