Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Datasource Error

I'm getting this message when I try to enter an SQL statement for a new
report:
"There is an error in the query. MinimumCapacity must be non-negative."
My SQL statement is:
"CALL GET_INSTALLMENTS_HEADER(?,?)"
I've tried using both IBM DB2 Provider and HiT Softwares OLEDB/400 provider
and get the same error.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
MikeI am going against Sybase using OLEDB so although it is not the same
database as you are going against it is using an OLEDB provider. I do not
use the syntax you are using. I use the following syntax:
pr_test ?, ?
If you already have report parameters created then go to the parameters tab
of the dataset (click on the ...) and map the query parameter to the report
parameter. If in the generic query designer I have found I have to leave the
command type as text rather than setting it to stored procedure.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Mike" <MichaelLopez@.inds.com> wrote in message
news:O7%23%233%23mxEHA.3212@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I'm getting this message when I try to enter an SQL statement for a new
> report:
> "There is an error in the query. MinimumCapacity must be
non-negative."
> My SQL statement is:
> "CALL GET_INSTALLMENTS_HEADER(?,?)"
> I've tried using both IBM DB2 Provider and HiT Softwares OLEDB/400
provider
> and get the same error.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike
>|||Hi, Bruce. Thanks for responding.
That's how I did it, though I discovered it through empirical means.
We've used Crystal Reports for some time, and it's not a bad product at all.
But we always had to jump through hoops to gain access to an IBM AS/400
(iSeries) machine, and forget about accessing stored procedures on the 400.
We never could natively. Yesterday was my first attempt at accessing the
same system using RS and got it to work in about an hour.
That's a good sign. My next step is to figure out how to emulate CR's "Group
Tree" functionality.
Good chance this group will be hearing from me soon.
Thanks again,
Mike
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OGgUbenxEHA.824@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I am going against Sybase using OLEDB so although it is not the same
> database as you are going against it is using an OLEDB provider. I do not
> use the syntax you are using. I use the following syntax:
> pr_test ?, ?
> If you already have report parameters created then go to the parameters
> tab
> of the dataset (click on the ...) and map the query parameter to the
> report
> parameter. If in the generic query designer I have found I have to leave
> the
> command type as text rather than setting it to stored procedure.
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Mike" <MichaelLopez@.inds.com> wrote in message
> news:O7%23%233%23mxEHA.3212@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I'm getting this message when I try to enter an SQL statement for a new
>> report:
>> "There is an error in the query. MinimumCapacity must be
> non-negative."
>> My SQL statement is:
>> "CALL GET_INSTALLMENTS_HEADER(?,?)"
>> I've tried using both IBM DB2 Provider and HiT Softwares OLEDB/400
> provider
>> and get the same error.
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Mike
>>
>sql