Thursday, March 29, 2012

Datatransfer speed

Hi,
I have two datatransfer speed problems with inserts,delets and updates of a
replicated database. The replicated database is a mergepublisher with two
subscribers.
When I import data with dts, I have a transfer speed of 5 rows/sec.
How can I increase this speed ?
When the import is ready the merge-agents have a transfer speed of 5
rows/sec, too.
How can I increase this speed, too ?
Best regards
Axel Lanser
Hi,
it isn't a network problem, because the network traffic is 3%.
Best regards
Axel Lanser
|||Probably not - while with merge you can in some situations get your merge
agent to work within a few seconds, you will likely see it take about a
minute or more to complete its tasks. However this is a highly variable
number dependent on the nature of your database activity, number of
subscribers and hardware.
"ALN" <ALN@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B0D19A9-E4F3-4854-8280-692553454FB5@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have two datatransfer speed problems with inserts,delets and updates of
> a
> replicated database. The replicated database is a mergepublisher with two
> subscribers.
> When I import data with dts, I have a transfer speed of 5 rows/sec.
> How can I increase this speed ?
> When the import is ready the merge-agents have a transfer speed of 5
> rows/sec, too.
> How can I increase this speed, too ?
> Best regards
> Axel Lanser
sql