Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Datasource to AnalysisServices

I have a question regarding creating a datasource that connects to an
Analysis Services Database. (AS and RS are both 2005 editions.)
If I create a (shared) datasource to an Analysis server, and Specify the IP
address (10.200.23.24) of that server, I have no problems.
However, if I want to connect via HTTP, I am having a few problems.
-In the connection properties, I specify the Server Name to the HTTP url
(http://10.200.23.24/OLAP/msmdpump.dll)
-I specify a username and password with permissions to see the cubes and
data.
-I am able to select the database name from the dropdown list. (So,
obviously it is hitting the AS server, and the AS server is sending back the
databases in which I have permission to see.)
-If I select test connection, it initially fails, but if I go to the
advanced options, and remove the SSPI, test connection succeeds.
-Press OK to save the datasource, and run (preview) the report.
When I go to run (preview) the report, I get the following error:
"Non-Windows user credentials were supplied for a non-http connection to
Analysis Services. The Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services data extension
requires Windows Integrated Security unless connecting via http or https"
I don't understand why I am getting that error when I am connecting via
http. Is there another property somewhere I have to turn on, so that it
knows I am using http?
As a side note, I know the HTTP connection works, as I can connect via HTTP
with both proclarity, and management studio. The problem only seems to be in
reporting services.
Any ideas?
-RyanHello Ryan,
What credetial mode you chose in the shared data source?
And have you follow this article to configure the HTTP access to AS 2005?
Configuring HTTP Access to SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services on Microsoft
Windows Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/httpasws.mspx
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||The credentials are set at "Use a specific username and password".
I have the username of a local machine account on the server, and it's
password.
I've also tried the username in the format of MACHINENAME\UserName. That
didn't work either.
I know the http is set up properly, as I can access the cubes on that server
via HTTP with proclarity, and management studio, so I do not believe that is
the issue.
Does it have anything to do with the fact the report was designed with the
datasource pointing to a direct tcp connection, and then wanting to change
it to HTTP after the fact?
-Ryan
"Wei Lu [MSFT]" <weilu@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:rvJmMbUNHHA.2300@.TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
> Hello Ryan,
> What credetial mode you chose in the shared data source?
> And have you follow this article to configure the HTTP access to AS 2005?
> Configuring HTTP Access to SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services on Microsoft
> Windows Server 2003
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/httpasws.mspx
> Sincerely,
> Wei Lu
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> ==================================================> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> ==================================================> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>|||Here's a little bit more information:
The "Type" of the datasource is set as "Microsoft SQL Server Analysis
Services" . This is where I am having the issue where it works fine with tcp
connection, but HTTP connection gives the error.
If I change the type to OLEDB, and build a connection string to connect to
my cubes, when I preview the report, I get no errors.
However, nothing shows up for any of the queries. Warnings that say:
"The data set 'DatasetName' contains a definition for the Field 'FieldName'.
The field is missing from the returned resultset from the datasource."
Followed by:
"The data set 'DatasetName' contains a definition for the Field 'FieldName'.
The data extension returned an error during the reading of the field. THere
is no data for the field at position 5."
Further, I watched the profiler in analysis services, and it looks like the
right queries are being executed.
My questions are:
1. Do I have to use an OLEDB connection to use HTTP?
-If so, how do I get rid of the above errors? (Are they due to the fact
the datasets were designed with the analysis services connection type, then
switched to oledb?)
2. If I can use HTTP on the direct "Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services"
connection type, is there anything else (advanced properties) that needs to
be set to make it work?
3. Has anyone successfully created a report using TCP on the direct
provider, then tried switching it to HTTP after the report was complete?
Thanks,
-Ryan|||Hello Ryan,
The reason why you could not connect to the Analysis Service Via http in
Reporting Services is because of the credential.
If you have enabled the Integrated Authentication in IIS, you need to use
the domain account. Or you need to specify a same account in the server as
the one you use in the local machine.
Please try this and let me know if this could not resolve your issue.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Hi ,
How is everything going? Please feel free to let me know if you need any
assistance.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.