Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DataSources

I have come into a company where my predesessor used a TON of differently
named RDS files to connect to the same SQL Server Database. My suspicion is
that he thought that datasources were the same as datasets and created one
for each.
Is there any good reason to do this?
Should they all have been changed to be something generic like
"ConnectTo{servername}Production.RDS (instead of {Report Name}.RDS)
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
KeithIm sure there are different schools of thought, but I enjoy using all the
same name and have never had reason to make them all different, nor have I
had any issues.
Michael C
"greenmtnsun" wrote:
> I have come into a company where my predesessor used a TON of differently
> named RDS files to connect to the same SQL Server Database. My suspicion is
> that he thought that datasources were the same as datasets and created one
> for each.
> Is there any good reason to do this?
> Should they all have been changed to be something generic like
> "ConnectTo{servername}Production.RDS (instead of {Report Name}.RDS)
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
>sql