Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Datasource error

Hi, i've a problem with calling a report created with reporting service; i get this error :System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException : Impossible find datasource...... ( i translate from italian ) I'm sure ip i wrote is right , and , moreover, any ip datasource i put ,i get the same error. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

From your description, it seems that you are using WebService as your datasource of your report, right?

And the error "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException" indicates that the WebService failed to return the result which your report expected.

So I suggest that you should try to check your WebService to see if it can work correctly, we suppose that it returns a dataset typed datasource, then you can just write a simple project, remove the reporting service part, try to see if you can retrieve the return properly.

Thanks.

|||Hi Nai-Dong,
I use the webservice as result, distribuiting report I've developed with SQL Server Development intelligence studio.
I'm doing this for the first time , I'm studying how to use SQLServer reporting service.
The webservice "seems" to me that works properly because I see exposed all the methods, and moreover ,
calling the other methods that don't involve datasource , the report is correctly called.
I'm using XP .
Thank you.|||

Hi,

The webservice "seems" to me that works properly because I see exposed all the methods, and moreover , calling the other methods that don't involve datasource , the report is correctly called.

Well, if so. I think you should try to check if the database is available from the machine which host the web service. Another problem is the account. You should try to check if the account which runs the webservice exist in the web service identity of the report server. Also, try to check if the account which runs the webservice (ASPNET or IUSR_MachineName) has to permission to access the reporting service database. If not, add the account into the users of that database.

Besides, I suggest you to refer the following link, it may be helpful to you.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa179578(SQL.80).aspx

Thanks.