Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Datasource-Microsoft Visual Studio

Hi

I am new to all SQL Related. I am trying to create a datasource to our old database we used in the company to write reports on the data. when I create a new data source and enter all required info, when testing the connection, i get a reply that I do not have the necessary permissions to use this object, although my account is specified as an administrator? can somebody please explain this to me.

I am moving this to the SQL Server Security forum.|||

From where you are connecting (trying) to this new database?

Is it from Reporting services or any other application?

|||it is saved on my computer.|||You might check the permission for the user when trying to create this D-source connection, if the user do not have corresponding database privileges then it will fail.