Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Datasource-Microsoft Visual Studio

Hi

I am new to all SQL Related. I am trying to create a datasource to our old database we used in the company to write reports on the data. when I create a new data source and enter all required info, when testing the connection, i get a reply that I do not have the necessary permissions to use this object, although my account is specified as an administrator? can somebody please explain this to me.

Hi Hanel O,

Try posting this query to the MSDN SQL Server Data Access Forum:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=87&SiteID=1&bcsi_scan_A9C07E6225287F19=z5cf+RkCipiHryeey+QUUQYAAAAmrYMB&bcsi_scan_filename=ShowForum.aspx

Also here is the MSDN SQL Server Forum main page, where you will find many SQL forums dedicated to different aspects of Microsoft SQL Server:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=19&SiteID=1

Also try looking in SQL Server Books Online, which comes as part of the SQL Server install package.

Hope this helps,

Frank