Tuesday, March 27, 2012

datasource wont update on delete

hi,

I have a dataadaptor which i use to fill a dataset. I can do this no problems. But if I delete a row from the dataset and update the adaptor again, nothing gets changed in my source database. Does anyone know why this is?

here's my code for my dataadaptor:
SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(connectionString);
SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter();
adapter.SelectCommand = new SqlCommand("select * from tblExtRef", conn);
adapter.SelectCommand.Connection = conn;

SqlParameter parm;
SqlCommand cmd;
cmd = new SqlCommand("DELETE FROM tblextref WHERE extrefid = @.extrefid",conn);
parm = cmd.Parameters.Add("@.extrefid", SqlDbType.Int , 40, "extrefid");
parm.SourceColumn = "ExtRefid";
//parm.SourceVersion = DataRowVersion.Original;
//parm.Direction = ParameterDirection.InputOutput;
//SourceVersion = DataRowVersion.Original;
adapter.DeleteCommand = cmd;if you delete a row from the dataset/datatable, you just run the update on the adapter.

I don't think you need to create a delete command manually.