Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Datasource: SSIS extension

Hi!
According to msdn http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228006
all I need to do to allow SSIS datasource in the report builder is to
uncomment an extension line with SSIS name in the rsreportserver.config. But
this not works on my VS2005 (i tried on both Beta2 and RC instances)... No
one new data provider type occured in the dropdown. I'm disappointed, what's
wrong? If anyone knows what to do to really add SSIS data to a report, send
me a string, Please!I have the same exact problem. Can anyone help?
"Sergei Vedischev" wrote:
> Hi!
> According to msdn http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228006
> all I need to do to allow SSIS datasource in the report builder is to
> uncomment an extension line with SSIS name in the rsreportserver.config. But
> this not works on my VS2005 (i tried on both Beta2 and RC instances)... No
> one new data provider type occured in the dropdown. I'm disappointed, what's
> wrong? If anyone knows what to do to really add SSIS data to a report, send
> me a string, Please!
>|||The SSIS data extension is only supported for report designer and report
server, not directly in report builder.
Did you actually install the SSIS components on that machine? Also, in order
to use the SSIS data extension in report designer, you have to uncomment the
SSIS configuration element in the RSReportDesigner.config file.
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Tom" <Tom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:676FE940-5A2D-4F35-8CB3-82B5C02B916C@.microsoft.com...
>I have the same exact problem. Can anyone help?
>
> "Sergei Vedischev" wrote:
>> Hi!
>> According to msdn http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228006
>> all I need to do to allow SSIS datasource in the report builder is to
>> uncomment an extension line with SSIS name in the rsreportserver.config.
>> But
>> this not works on my VS2005 (i tried on both Beta2 and RC instances)...
>> No
>> one new data provider type occured in the dropdown. I'm disappointed,
>> what's
>> wrong? If anyone knows what to do to really add SSIS data to a report,
>> send
>> me a string, Please!